Goji berries, also known as wolfberries, are small, bright red berries that are native to Asia. They have been used in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries and are believed to have a variety of health benefits.
Goji berries are a good source of vitamins A, C, and antioxidants, which can help protect against cellular damage caused by free radicals. They also contain fiber and protein, which can help keep you feeling full and satisfied.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and tasty snack using goji berries:
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup goji berries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Spread the almonds out in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast them in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the toasted almonds, goji berries, and coconut flakes.
- Mix well to combine.
- Store the mixture in an airtight container for up to one week.
This simple snack is perfect for on-the-go or as a mid-day pick-me-up. It’s a great way to incorporate the health benefits of goji berries into your diet in a delicious way.